Un pack the www.hp.com/support/colorljM277 printer from its packaging and keep the power cords ready to connect in its respective places. Now, place the cords firmly into the wall sockets so that there are no loose connections or any power issues with the devices. After connecting the cords, press the Home button on the left hand corner of the printer.
How to set up the printer?
- When you switch on the printer for the first time, it may make some noise.
- Once you see the home screen, use the arrows next to the printer’s control panel to choose the language, country and region. Now, touch the OK button.
- The printer screen will now as you insert the ink cartridges.
- Lift the ink cartridge’s cover by using the cutouts on the sides of your printer.
- Look at the labeling on the back cover of the cartridge and install the tri-color cartridge initially.
- Remove the protective tap covering the electrical contacts and ink nozzles. (NOTE: The color on the locking levers should match the color displayed on cartridges.)
- Slide the ink cartridges slowly into their respective slots and push it till locks into its place.
- Use the same process to install the black cartridge as well.
- Once you finish installing the original HP cartridges, a message box appears on the Control Panel. Click on OK
- Load the stack of paper in the input tray. Now, the printer prints an alignment page.
- After the alignment page is printing, scan it by placing the pace print side down on the scanner glass.
- Once the alignment page is scanned, a message box which reads, ‘Alignment successful’ will appear on the printer’s control panel. Press Ok button to continue.
- Users are now allowed to connect the printer o a network wirelessly or Ethernet or USB.
Once the basic setup is complete, install the printer software by visiting 123.hp.com or by inserting the CD which came with the printer. Follow the instructions on screen to complete the printer installation process. Download the driver software from the website link www.hp.com/support/colorljM277.