With Air Print, users can wirelessly print documents and photos from any Apple device including iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch or Max computer from their HP printers.
NOTE: Your HP printer should be compatible with AirPrint option. Mac computers which runs on OS X Lion v10.7 and newer versions are compatible. Also, iOS devices that runs on iOS and newer version will have AirPrint option.
Make sure that your printer and the Apple device are connected to the same wireless network.
- On your printer’s control panel home screen, tap on Network or How to Connect button.
- Make note of the name in the AirPrint section.
- Now, open a supported web server and enter your printer’s IP address to open the EWS (embedded web server).
- Go to the Networking tab and then choose TCP/IP Settings followed by Network Identification.
- Enter a new name in the Bonjour Service Name field and click Apply.
- On your Apple device, go to Settings and then choose Wi-Fi networks.
- From the list of options available, choose the printer which you want to use.
How to configure AirPrint for a Mac computer?
- Select System Preferences on the Apple menu.
- Choose Print & Scan.
- On the bottom left pane, click on the plus (+) sign.
- In the Nearby Printers, choose the name of your printer.
- Touch Print Using or Use box and then check if the AirPrint option is automatically selected. If not manually select the AirPrint driver.